Chemotherapy Trained Nurse - Denmark Hill
Chemotherapy Trained Nurse needed in the London.
The role of a Chemotherapy nurse is extremely demanding and due to the dangerous cytotoxic chemicals, a high-level of attention is vitally important. Becoming a Chemotherapy Nurse requires excellent technical skills, superb communication and a lot of empathy.
Becoming a successful Chemotherapy Nurse requires four key facets, the most important of which being supporting your patients on an emotional level. Educating patients, administering the correct for chemotherapy and handling the side effects these may cause are the other main priorities. A good Agency Nurse will be able to adapt to a variety of situations and remain calm under pressure.
What we require:
- A valid NMC Pin
- A minimum of 6 months experience in the last 2 years within Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatment (Chemotherapy) Day Units
- Evidence of a university accredited course, comprehensive in-house training package or UKONS SACT Competency Passport
- Evidence of an annual chemotherapy update / assessment of competencies and anaphylaxis training
- Confidence to administer a wide range of treatment regimens, in a fast-paced environment with established cannulation skills
What we offer:
- First access to a variety of shifts before any other agency
- Free training completed online or in-person
- Daily payroll option
- Contactable consultants 24/7, 365 days per year
- Free revalidation support
- Free subscription to industry magazine
- UK leading rates of pay
- Online portal to manage availability and pay
- Designated consultant