DayWebster is looking for a talented Mammographer, capable of also performing in plain film, to provide cover for our client in Aberdeen for a minimum term of 3 months, up to 6months.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to take this role on permanently.
- Days can be flexible
- 25-30 Hours a week to begin
- £40 per hour (can be
- To undertake mammography screening, specialised assessment and symptomatic mammography to a high standard.
- To work as part of the Breast care team to contribute to the delivery of a high quality breast service.
- To perform a comprehensive range of mammographic procedures without supervision.
- Undertake X-ray examinations as an operator in accordance with IR(ME)R 2000.
- Justify medical exposures using departmental examination protocols, own knowledge and experience to ensure a safe and effective mammographic service.
- Practice all radiation protection procedures.
- Undertake a demanding workload whilst maintaining a high standard of radiography and client/patient care.
- Upload images onto PACS.
- Maintain appropriate records (paper and IT) in compliance with IR(ME)R and departmental procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is used correctly and any faults or concerns are reported and recorded in the room fault book, and to follow IR(ME)R regulations relating to equipment handover.
- Perform and record outcomes for all necessary equipment QA tests.
- Inform the Imaging Manager of any results which are outside of acceptable parameters or, if the post-holder is most senior in the department, take actions to resolve the problem or suspend the equipment from use.
- Liaise with a wide range of staff including all members of the breast multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain CPD, undertake annual statutory/mandatory training, participate in annual appraisal.
- Be up to date with current issues relating to breast screening and breast care and relevant policy development and have a reasonable awareness of other issues related to women’s health.
- Ensure patient/client confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the clinics policy.
- Know the clinics procedures for medical emergencies.
- Comply with the clinics policies and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge and application of IR(ME)R regulations.
- Along with all other teams, support the Clinic in all Covid 19 preventative measures.
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be required in line with your skills, knowledge, abilities, and personal development opportunities.